Security Professionals Face Serious Challenges
Recently, the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc., (ISC)² sponsored a study carried out by Frost & Sullivan of more than 10,000 security professionals around the world.
Some of the key findings of this study can be summarized as:
- Application vulnerabilities represent the number one threat to organizations.
- Mobile devices were the second highest security concern for the organization, despite an overwhelming number of professionals having policies and tools in place to defend against mobile threats.
- Professionals aren't ready for social media threats.
- A clear skills gap exists that jeopardizes professionals' ability to protect organizations in the near future.
- Information security professionals weathered the economic recession very well.
- Cloud computing illustrates a serious gap between technology implementation and the skills necessary to provide security.
- Developing countries illustrated opportunities for growth with an experienced and more educated workforce.
- The information security workforce continues to show signs of strong growth.
The study can be downloaded free of charge from this website.